Trenchless Sewer Repair Washington DC
Are you dealing with a burst or broken sewer pipe? Trenchless sewer repair Washington DC is the best option to correct this problem quickly, easily and conveniently. Nobody wants to put themselves out for any extended period of time. This is especially true when it comes to repairing the sewer line in your home.
How long would you want to go without a bathroom? It makes it very difficult to live your day-to-day life without a properly working sewer line. If you were to fix it the old way, the job could literally take days if not weeks if the plumbers run into problems. But using trenchless pipe bursting for sewer repair is the perfect way to correct this issue without having to inconvenience yourself or your family for any extended time.
If you’re interested in learning more information about this topic – and if you’re a homeowner you should be interested – then we recommend reading this content all the way through. It will fill in all of the blanks in regards to trenchless pipe lining, hiring sewer contractors and this style of repair.
With that out of the way, let’s take a quick look at this process from start to finish.
Trenchless Sewer Repair vs. Traditional Sewer Repair
We’ve decided to take a moment now to share the difference between traditional sewer repair and trenchless sewer repair with you today. This is important information that you need to learn because each method is very different than the other.
Let’s start out with traditional repair…
For the most part, you can pretty much figure out what will happen when a company uses traditional methods to repair a sewer line.
First off, they are going to come to your home and do a whole lot of digging, smashing and breaking of things. They’ll have to dig up your entire yard where the sewer pipe is in order to remove it manually. They will have to break down walls within your home in order to get to the sewer pipe inside of your house. They’ll need to smash anything else that happens to be in the way that will prevent them from doing their job.
How do you feel when reading that passage above? Are you excited about traditional sewer line repair? Or would you hope that there is a better alternative out there to try?
Bring on trenchless sewer repair…
Trenchless repair is the much easier and more elegant way of repairing or replacing sewer lining.
First off, the repair person – i.e. plumber – is going to use a sewer camera in order to diagnose and figure out the exact problem.
Next, the technician will look at the footage from the camera and evaluate your needs. Then the technician is going to be able to recommend the perfect solution to fix your problem. And in this case the recommendation is going to be trenchless sewer repair.
Third, the plumber is going to have to access your sewer line. This is very easy to accomplish because he only has to dig two small holes at both ends of the sewer line itself. At this point, a cable is going to be inserted into the pipe and fed through it. A pneumatic jack is attached to one end of the line. On the other end of the line there is a cone shaped bursting head.
Here’s where things really get interesting…
The plumbers will literally pull the cone shaped bursting head through the entire pipe in order to break it apart. The old pipe will crumble to pieces and leave plenty of room for the new sewer line to take its place.
Fourth, the bursting head is then attached to a new piece of HDPE pipe. They will then pull the bursting head through the hole so that it breaks apart the sewer line and then leaves the new pipe in its place.
Which method of sewer line repair do you prefer? Some may have no choice but to go the traditional route for many reasons. But if you have the opportunity, we highly recommend the trenchless sewer repair Washington DC. It is the much better choice.
The Pros and Cons of Trenchless Sewer Repair
There is no question that this is the superior way to repair a sewer line. We’ve established that quite clearly at this point. But there are certain pros and cons that we would like to bring to your attention.
- It’s a lot less expensive to repair a sewer line using trenchless methods. In fact, when compared to traditional methods, homeowners can save as much as 40% of the cost.
- Trench work is often very damaging to the home. Since trenchless sewer repair has come into being, this is a way to repair the sewer line underground without having to do any kind of damage to the property. This is much less expensive because there’s a lot less to repair over the long run.
- High quality pipe will be put in place of the old, rotten sewer line. This will guarantee that you do not have to deal with any sewer line issues now or in the immediate future. It’ll be somebody else’s problem by the time the new sewer line springs a leak or worse.
- In some instances, it is unfortunately impossible to take advantage of trenchless sewer repairs. In this case you’ll have to bring a technician into your home to use the sewer camera to find out if the repair is possible. When it’s impossible then you’ll have no choice but to repair with traditional methods.
- Make sure to hire a technician and plumbing specialist that knows what he is doing in regards to trenchless repair. This is a delicate procedure and a professional needs to make these repairs. Do not hire someone without professional experience.
All in all, we feel that trenchless repairs are definitely the way to go. Read the information over again if you’re having a hard time figuring out why it is superior to traditional repairs.